Keyboard for EM7485.

Moderators: Joyce, Laura, Eminent-Admin

Keyboard for EM7485.

Postby Maurizio » 05 Mar 2019, 12:38

Hello everybody
I was wondering if it's possible to connect a wired and/or wireless keyboard to EM7485 and if so what kind / model you can suggest.
For example this model: "Logitech K400 Plus" would be suitable?
Thanks in advance for your attention.
Maurizio
Maurizio

Re: Keyboard for EM7485.

Postby Joyce » 06 Mar 2019, 10:13

Dear Maurizio,

You can connect Wired and wireless USB keyboards to the EM7485 Please make sure NOT to use a Bluetooth keyboard. Also please keep in mind that Multimedia keys on the keyboard most likely will not work.
Joyce
Forum Goddess

Postby Maurizio » 07 Mar 2019, 20:12

Dear Joyce,
thanks for the reply but maybe there is something I should do and I do not know to be able to make a keyboard work with EM7485.
Let me explain: I tried to connect a normal wired USB keyboard (LC-POWER) that I usually use with my PC, and unfortunately it seems that it is not recognized by EN7485.
When I turned on EM7485 I selected "Web browser" and then "Google" and tried to write in the search field line, but typing on the keyboard did not produce any effect and no character appeared on the screen.
If I use the internal virtual keyboard of EM7485 operated by remote control, however, the characters regularly appear on the screen and everything works correctly.

Below is the version information of my EM7485:
Model: EM7485
Chipset: RTD1186
Bootcode: KIIE.0402.1067
System firmware: v10.1.27 r11696
Compiled at: Jan 08 18:48:20 2015

Do you have any suggestions?
Thanks and best regards.
Maurizio
Maurizio

Postby Joyce » 08 Mar 2019, 10:07

Hi Maurizio,

The keyboard should work fine as navigation within the player's GUI. We cannot guarantee the working for mouse or keyboard in the add-ons.
The add-ons are not made by us, but via third parties so we cannot guarantee the functionality and support of the add-on.

If your keyboard will not be recognized at all then please try another keyboard for testing while this should work.
Joyce
Forum Goddess

Postby Maurizio » 08 Mar 2019, 21:56

Hi Joyce,

Unfortunately I do not have any other USB keyboards to do other tests, and I do not think it's a solution to buy more new keyboards until I find the one that works with EM7485.

The wired USB keyboard that I tried unsuccessfully on the EM7485 is a standard USB keyboard that works perfectly connected to both my desktop PC and my laptop ( with different operating systems ).
When I connect it to EM7485, not even the arrow keys to move in the player's GUI work ( tested on both 2 USB ports ).
It was just as if the keyboard was not recognized at all.

At this point it would seem that EM7485 has some limitation on USB keyboards that it can handle correctly.

If so, it seems strange to me that Eminet is not able to suggest some keyboard models that are certainly compatible with EM7485, or at least specify the requirements that the keyboard must have to work properly with EM7485.

What is certain is that in the absence of any further information useful to identify a suitable keyboard, I think I will have to give up connecting a keyboard to EM7485.

Thanks anyway for the support.

Best regards
Maurizio
Maurizio

Postby Joyce » 11 Mar 2019, 10:21

Dear Maurizio,

We have tested almost all current Ewent keyboards on the EM7485 and they all work within the GUI of the EM7485 with exception of our Bluetooth keyboard. These keyboards do not have special requirements these are basic keyboards. Our Multimedia keyboards work fine as well with exception of the multimedia keys.

Are you sure the USB ports are functioning correctly with the EM7485 (you can test it by connecting a USB memory stick.
Joyce
Forum Goddess

Postby Maurizio » 11 Mar 2019, 18:51

Dear Joyce
when I saw that the USB keyboard connected to EM7485 did not work, the first thing I thought was that the USB ports did not work and I checked the functioning of the USB ports by connecting a memory stick (SanDisk Cruzer Edge 8GB) and both USB ports they were correctly functioning both in writing and in reading mode.

After reading this your message I repeated the test again using a USB hard disk ( Samsung M3 portable 1TB ) and also in this case everything worked correctly both in writing and in reading mode.

So at this point the situation is as follows:
- both EM7485 USB ports work correctly, tested with both memory stick and hard disk
- my wired USB keyboard ( LC-Power BK-902_IT ) connected to my PC ( MB Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P ) and my laptop ( Dell Latitude D620 ) works perfectly
- the same wired USB keyboard connected to EM7485 is not recognized at all.

Sorry but this seems like a very strange situation and from my point of view obviously there is something wrong or some information missing about the ability of EM7485 to work properly with a standard USB keyboard.

Besides, if I understood correctly, also if I bought an Ewent keyboard, its operation would be guaranteed only within the GUI of the EM7485, while for example it might not work to write a search key in the browser, due to the fact that the browser is an add -ons.

I still thank you for your support but I think that, as I have already written, I will have to give up a keyboard to EM7485.

Best regards
Maurizio
Maurizio

Postby Joyce » 12 Mar 2019, 10:02

Hi Maurizio,

I have to agree with you on this one. Even if an USB keyboard works it will be for the GUI of the EM7485 but it might not work with the browser due to the functionality and compatibility of the browser add-on.
Joyce
Forum Goddess

Return to EM7485 - General Discussion