EM6225 and Migration tool compatibility (Win10 x64)

EM6220 / EM6225 / EM6230

Moderators: Laura, Joyce, Eminent-Admin

EM6225 and Migration tool compatibility (Win10 x64)

Postby smeroni68 » 14 Jan 2017, 12:21

Hi all,
i asked and received the new ID for CamLine pro migration.
Locally I have 2 cameras EM6225 and the Migration tool unfortunately do not find them. Try with wifi connection (default connection the camera has in my network) and try also by cable connection directly. Same result: the list is empty and no way to upgrade the ID.

Any suggestion? I'm using (as most user I think) Windows 10 pro x64. Is that a problem?

Thanks for any help about that.

Regards
Attachments
MigrationTool_screenshot.jpg
Screenshot of Migration tool
MigrationTool_screenshot.jpg (78.77 KiB) Viewed 1029 times
smeroni68

Re: EM6225 and Migration tool compatibility (Win10 x64)

Postby Joyce » 16 Jan 2017, 10:10

Dear smeroni68,

The Migration tool is tested and working fine on Windows 10 64bit. Probably your (windows) Firewall is blocking the migration tool please disable your firewall temporarily until migration is finished.
Joyce
Forum Goddess

Postby smeroni68 » 16 Jan 2017, 23:24

Joyce wrote:Dear smeroni68,

The Migration tool is tested and working fine on Windows 10 64bit. Probably your (windows) Firewall is blocking the migration tool please disable your firewall temporarily until migration is finished.

Hi Joyce,
I already disabled all security (Windows Defender, Windows Firewall and SuperAntiSpyware)... but the tool do not find any camera of the 2 in my network.
Anyway, by connecting via hhtp and with window CamView application, the cameras are visible and works, so I'm quite sure that there is nothing that block the tool scan.
Also forcing the IP and the http port in the General window, no result on find.

Any idea?

Thanks for your support.
smeroni68

Postby Joyce » 17 Jan 2017, 10:02

Dear smeroni68,

I am assuming the cameras and the computer are both connected to the same network and have the same IP address range.

If the e-CamView software cannot detect the camera using the local search feature this is a defect of the camera.
If the e-CamView software is able to find the camera but the migration tool cannot find it, it’s because the search function is blocked by a firewall most commonly it is the Windows firewall that has blocked the search feature.

If the camera is still not detected after disabling the Windows firewall and the cameras are found by the e-camview software than I can only suggest to return the camera to the shop.
Joyce
Forum Goddess

Postby smeroni68 » 17 Jan 2017, 22:06

Joyce wrote:Dear smeroni68,

I am assuming the cameras and the computer are both connected to the same network and have the same IP address range.

If the e-CamView software cannot detect the camera using the local search feature this is a defect of the camera.
If the e-CamView software is able to find the camera but the migration tool cannot find it, it’s because the search function is blocked by a firewall most commonly it is the Windows firewall that has blocked the search feature.

If the camera is still not detected after disabling the Windows firewall and the cameras are found by the e-camview software than I can only suggest to return the camera to the shop.

The strange thing is that cameras works perfectly... I can access them via IP:PORT on http and nothing is wrong. Same for the other 3 cameras I placed to parents... no problem to access all cameras via CamView (PC and Android app).

Will try with a fresh install of Win 10 on another PC, and disabeling firewall... but I can say, that the information reported in the documentation supplyed with Migration tool is really poor... at least the firewall information (to be disabled) must be included... don't you think so? And a minimum of FAQ regarding how to will be useful too... but just my concerning!!

Will update if will find a solution.
Thanks for your time.

EDIT: SOLVED... changing the PC with a brand new installed Win10 x64 (with firewall active as default), has worked... so my main pc has a problem (unknown the reason) with migration tool. :D
smeroni68

Postby Joyce » 18 Jan 2017, 09:26

Dear Smeroni,

I am pleased to read it is solved. But I think it is still strange your other computer cannot find the cameras using the migration tool.
Joyce
Forum Goddess

Postby smeroni68 » 18 Jan 2017, 21:50

Joyce wrote:Dear Smeroni,

I am pleased to read it is solved. But I think it is still strange your other computer cannot find the cameras using the migration tool.

Thanks Joyce.
For me too is quite strange, but due to the fact the migration has been done, I do not need anymore the tool (at least on my house). Still interesting the reason of the problem, but really have no ideas.

Let's say that the posts here highlight a solution without knowing the reason... maybe will help someone else in case of... Regards
smeroni68

Postby Qressor » 25 Sep 2017, 06:42

คาสิโน
Qressor

Return to e-CamView series