EM8615 login password

Moderators: Joyce, Laura, Eminent-Admin

EM8615 login password

Postby wisegates » 18 May 2019, 15:53

hi
am having isSues adding devices on EM8615.
It requires a password.
Anyone with a solution?
wisegates

Re: EM8615 login password

Postby Joyce » 20 May 2019, 10:55

Dear wisegates,

What password is required to login to your account or to login in to your WiFi AP on the EM8615?

For your account please pres the button forgot password

For your WiFi AP password please reset the EM8615 WiFi module and try again (instructions below)

Reset Wi-Fi network settings
If for some reason the Alarm system can no longer connect to your Wi-Fi you can reconfigure the Wi-Fi settings of the Alarm system. First you need to reset the Wi-Fi settings.
• Press and hold the button (marked with a wrench) of the alarm system for about 7-8 seconds until you hear 3 beeps.
• Open the APP
• Login to your account
• If the alarm is still listed delete this from the list by swiping to the left.
• Press the button “Delete”
• Configure the Alarm system by selecting the device from the device list and hold the button until the configuration setup is shown.
• Press “Configure Network”

Remark: After you restored the Wi-Fi network settings you need to switch the alarm system off and on again!
Joyce
Forum Goddess

Postby wisegates » 21 May 2019, 10:54

Dear
Joyce
Thank you for your response.
The major problem is adding the device on my mobile application.(or login in on the wifi for the device to enable add in the device)

The is no problem in login in on my account.

However after login in on my account the display shows ---Add device
I open wifi on my phone and i can see the device wifi EM8615... it displays as( EM8615...SECURED) which means it has a password on it.
if i check the same through the APP,the EM8615 wifi is displayed with a lock symbol,and its written.. (secured with WPA/WPA2 PSK) which also means it has a password. and therefore i cannot be able to add the device on my APP because it has a password.

The device is brand new.I had tried resetting it but still cannot manage to login or add the device on my phone APP.
Perhaps the device has a default password which seems to be 8 or more characters.

Your advise please
wisegates

Postby Joyce » 21 May 2019, 11:17

Dear wisegates,

The EM8615 has no default WiFi password it should be setup as an open wireless connection when new out of the box.

It looks like the device has already been setup before. The WiFi password should be removed when resetting the WiFi. If not something is wrong with the device and should be returned to the shop for warranty replacement.
Joyce
Forum Goddess

Return to EM8615