[Firmware-EM7075-DTS] Release: 1.00.11

General topics about the EM7075 mediaplayers

Moderators: Joyce, Laura, Eminent-Admin

[Firmware-EM7075-DTS] Release: 1.00.11

Postby redkite » 18 Oct 2011, 11:41

Hi
I'm glad we're able to view Youtube files again. :D
Just one remark... After 1.00.11 was installed i'm not able to log on to Youtube anymore. :( I verified that I used the correct username and password.
Hopefully the developers can do something about it.
Greetings
Henk
redkite

Re: [Firmware-EM7075-DTS] Release: 1.00.11

Postby Alex » 18 Oct 2011, 12:22

Just tested this (again) with my own account and five co-workers' and cannot find a problem logging in to YouTube. Are you sure the account is valid, and works on your pc?

(Tip: Depending on your account type (google account?) you can sometimes leave out the @mail.com part as well and log in directly with your YouTube username.)

If YouTube banned the account, it wouldn't work offcourse.
Forum rules: viewtopic.php?t=4
Using Mediainfo: viewtopic.php?t=1110
Telnet: viewtopic.php?t=1873
Alex
Forum Goddess

Postby redkite » 18 Oct 2011, 13:15

Hmmm good point. I may have been using my old, non-Gmail, account name. :oops:
I'll give it a try at home.
Thanx!
redkite

Postby redkite » 19 Oct 2011, 15:05

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
...and indeed...
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
redkite

Postby Goner » 07 Dec 2011, 23:49

don't know if this is a feature of 1.00.11, but I can not connect to the Transmission homepage on port 9091 anymore ... anyone else notice this ?
Goner
User

Postby gHoP » 13 Sep 2012, 23:23

@redkite and all other forum users!
I also experience the problem that redkite described: can not connect to Transmission web interface on port 9091.
Does anyone have an idea if this is related to the new firmware?

EDIT:

Sorry, it seems that the problem was caused by my HDD.
Detailed description:
I was connencting the external 1TB Samsung harddrive trough a docking bay. The EM7075-DTS recognized it, started to mount the drive (multiple partitions) and read up content. It was working for a couple of minutes, and in the meanwhile I was doing a port scan from my laptop (that is connented to the same network as the player device), and I saw that the standard http port (80) was open on the EM7075-DTS. When I connected to the port in the browser, I received an http page with a shortlist of the available options (NZB Client, Transmission, PHP check and something else which I don't remember currently). But when I tried to click on the Transmission client link (em7075:9091) I received an http error (server not found).
I tought it was a firmware problem, but it seems that the cause is that my external harddrive contains 4 paritions (1 NTFS, 1 FAT32, 1 EXT4 and 1 LinuxSwap), and since one of those has a bootloader, it causes the EM7075-DTS to halt/unresponsive. The player becomes responsive again only if I remove the external drive.
Then I replaced the 1TB hdd with a smaller (80GB) HDD which had only 1 NTFS partition, and everything worked fine. The BT client started up and I could reach the web interface of it. So the problem was because of the harddrive and it's partitions.

And having said this: Can somebody advise me, if it is enough to erase/reformat the bootable partition on the aforementioned harddrive, or should I do something else?

By the way: I'm on firmware 1.00.11, and everything else works fine. My only problem is this mounting burden with the external HDD that has 4 partitions...

Thanks,
gHoP
gHoP

Postby Vondrack » 14 Sep 2012, 14:43

Probably it is sufficient to remove the boot partition,
we haven't tested this, so I can't guarantee whether this will be sufficient.
Vondrack
User

Postby gHoP » 16 Sep 2012, 16:13

Vondrack wrote:Probably it is sufficient to remove the boot partition,

Well, unfortunately, that wasn't sufficient. I removed the bootable partition completely, but the sympthomes remained the same.
However, I checked the ntfs filesystem on my harddrive, and it seems that it has some errors (still investigating what kind of errors). Although the EM7075-DTS could read it, and even play a movie from it, after a couple of minutes the whole system was freezing every time I tried to use the disk. And as I wrote before, I have to remove the drive to have the media player working again...

So, for first, I'll have to fix my disk, and then see if everything goes right.

I have to say, that with any other disks (especially those with less partitions, e.g. 1 or 2) everything works like a charm! This device is super quick and useful!

cheers,
gHoP

Postby gHoP » 22 Nov 2012, 00:24

gHoP wrote:
Vondrack wrote:Probably it is sufficient to remove the boot partition,

Well, unfortunately, that wasn't sufficient. I removed the bootable partition completely, but the sympthomes remained the same.
However, I checked the ntfs filesystem on my harddrive, and it seems that it has some errors (still investigating what kind of errors). Although the EM7075-DTS could read it, and even play a movie from it, after a couple of minutes the whole system was freezing every time I tried to use the disk. And as I wrote before, I have to remove the drive to have the media player working again...

So, for first, I'll have to fix my disk, and then see if everything goes right.

I have to say, that with any other disks (especially those with less partitions, e.g. 1 or 2) everything works like a charm! This device is super quick and useful!

cheers,

Hi!
I'm back (after a while). I just had some time to reformat the drive I was talking about months ago. I created two primary partitions, each NTFS. They are working almost perfectly! Saying almost, because somehow the first partition will be mounted with full permissions (drwxrwxrwx), but the second one only in a read only mode (dr-x-------).
As I took a look at the /proc/self/mounts file, I saw this:
Code: Select all
rootfs / rootfs rw 0 0
proc /proc proc rw 0 0
sysfs /sys sysfs rw 0 0
/dev/sigmblockh / cramfs ro 0 0
none /proc proc rw 0 0
sysfs /sys sysfs rw 0 0
usb /proc/bus/usb usbfs rw 0 0
mdev /dev tmpfs rw 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts rw 0 0
none /tmp tmpfs rw 0 0
/dev/sda1 /tmp/media/usb/USB1/MY-DEVICE-ID1 fuseblk rw,user_id=0,group_id=0,allow_other 0 0
/dev/sda1 /tmp/media/usb/USB1/MY-DEVICE-ID2 ntfs ro,uid=0,gid=0,fmask=0177,dmask=077,nls=utf8,errors=continue,mft_zone_multiplier=1 0 0

Of course, "MY-DEVICE-ID1" and "MY-DEVICE-ID2" are the 16 characters long alphanumeric identifiers for the two partitions - I just didn't wanted to paste them here.
So -according to the last two lines- it seems that the two partitions are mounted differently, and the second one is mounted with the "ro" option. But I don't know why.
I would like to change this, and have all the 2 partitions mounted with full permissions, so both can be read/written.

Can you please suggest me how to do this?

Thanks in advance,
-gHoP-
gHoP

Return to EM7075 - General Discussion