Changing Workgroup name

Moderators: Joyce, Laura, Eminent-Admin

Changing Workgroup name

Postby Henryh » 23 Jun 2013, 18:24

Hello,
my EM7385 connects by default to WORKGROUP. Is it possible to change this. I would prefer the name of my network at home. I hope it then would be easier to connect to the media player.
Regards from Hamburg
Henry ;)
Henryh

Re: Changing Workgroup name

Postby Joyce » 25 Jun 2013, 17:02

Henryh,

The name "WORKGROUP" cannot be changed, however, if you have changed the workgroup name on your computer, then you should be able to find that particular name back in the "NET" option.
I recommend you navigate via "File" and then "NET".

What do you mean with connect by default to the "WORKGROUP"? I presume you have to navigate to that location, no?!

Best regards
Joyce
Forum Goddess

Postby Henryh » 25 Jun 2013, 19:22

What do you mean with connect by default to the "WORKGROUP"? I presume you have to navigate to that location, no?!

I meant that the box is using WORKGROUP by default. It would have been easier if all my devices are in the same group. If you can't change it, it's ok. Never mind. The problem is that I can only see my own workgroup (my name) with the windows explorer under entire network. I have to figure it out where the problem is not seeing other wotkgroups . Perhaps it is sitting in front of the computer ;) . If I use the internet explorer and type \\em7385 I get access to the box. That will do it for now.
Thank you for your reply
Henry :)

PS: Just discovered, it works with the "normal" win explorer as well typing \\em7385 . Now I can see Workgroup and Samba 3.0.23c (em7385). Thanks for setting me on the right track. :lol: :lol: :lol: Henry sitting in front of the computer. :shock:
Henryh

Postby Joyce » 28 Jun 2013, 10:21

I understand now what you mean with, connect by default to the "WORKGROUP".

That is true, the mediaplayer is using WORKGROUP by default because it's a default by the Windows OS. You are able to browse via "entire Network" to access your mediaplayer indeed. And via the Explorer it works too.
If you press and hold the Windows button and press "R" on your keyboard, "RUN" pops up and you can also type \\EM7385 there, should work to.

Henry, who is sitting in front of the computer, I'm glad to have helped you on the right track. :D

Have a good weekend!
Joyce
Forum Goddess

Return to EM7385 - General Discussion (English only)