Moderators: Laura, Joyce, Eminent-Admin

EW7015 Clone function not launching

Postby iguypouf » 20 Jun 2017, 15:41

Hello,

Just bought a new docking station.

Two disks with the same capacity;
Trigger on "Clone" mode in the back.

Start the station, I hear two beeps;

Trying clone button two times. Twotim's. Doubleclick. Twooooooooooooooooooooooooo Tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiimes.

Nothing happens in the docking station.

What can I do / check / try ?

Is it a clone function in PM mode ?

Thank you
iguypouf

Re: EW7015 Clone function not launching

Postby Joyce » 21 Jun 2017, 09:17

Dear iguypouf,

First switch to "Clone" mode at the back of the docking.
Install the HDD's bot in source and target. Like you said the target needs to be equal or higher in capacity then the source HDD.
Power on the docking station.
Please wait for the HDD to be active.
Then press twice the "clone" button to start the cloning process.
Within seconds you should see the 25% led flickering. When this happens the cloning process has started successfully.

If it still does not work after this procedure then there is maybe something wrong with one of your hard disks or your EW7015 is not working as it should.
Joyce
Forum Goddess

Postby geyselsstef » 13 Aug 2017, 20:49

I also tried to make a clone today. The manual says that the switch must be in the "Clone" position. I can not find this switch nowhere.
geyselsstef

Postby Joyce » 14 Aug 2017, 09:50

Dear Geyselsstef,

In case you have the EW7015 R1 model, you will see at the backside of the docking station a switch which can be switched to "PM" or "Clone".
When in PM mode it will detect all the connected hard drives in windows to read data from and write date to your HDD.
When in Clone mode, they will not be detected in windows but will be prepared to use the clone mode.
When in Clone mode, press the clone button two times, and listen to beep sound, then the hard disk will begin cloning. Be ware that this will last easily for several hours.

The R0 version works the same way but does not have a PM/Clone switch at the backside of the docking station.
Joyce
Forum Goddess

Return to Connectivity