EW3119

Moderators: Joyce, Laura, Eminent-Admin

EW3119

Postby trislima » 15 May 2018, 23:21

Greetings,

I own an Ewent Bluetooth Keyboard (EW3119) which I bought approximately a month ago. Everything was fine with it until yesterday, when I tried to use it and it didn't work.

I tried switching the batteries, yet it didn't work either (I tested the batteries on other devices and they worked just fine). I disconnected the device from my laptop and tried connecting it once again, yet when I did this the blue light above the battery icon wouldn't turn on and show it's ready for connection.

However, as I kept trying, I managed to get the light flickering and to connect my keyboard to my laptop once again. The light even went green and I was able to type three words before it once again stopped working.

Is there any method to fixing this keyboard issue? It's also not a matter of the laptop as I've tried using it on other devices and it won't work either.

Thank you for your time.
trislima

Re: EW3119

Postby Joyce » 16 May 2018, 09:19

Dear trislima,

Please be sure to use new batteries as used batteries are already depleted to a certain level.
Where some low powered devices like remote controls still work on these batteries, high powered devices like the Bluetooth keyboard may no longer receive sufficient power from the batteries to function properly.

It looks like the power level of the batteries you are using now are insuficient to keep the Bluetooth keyboard working.
Joyce
Forum Goddess

Postby trislima » 16 May 2018, 23:06

Dear Joyce,

Thank you for the quick response. I checked, and the batteries I am now using are brand new and the same voltage (1.5 V) as the previous ones. Is there anything else that could be the reason for this problem?

Best regards
trislima

Postby Joyce » 17 May 2018, 09:08

Dear Trislima,

Do you have another Bluetooth item that you can test on same computer?
If that one works then it seems that your EW3119 is not working properly and needs to be replaced by a new one.
The product has 2 years of warranty.
Joyce
Forum Goddess

Return to Input