EM8615 control via SMS

Moderators: Joyce, Laura, Eminent-Admin

EM8615 control via SMS

Postby aariasn » 14 Feb 2018, 13:07

Hello,

I recently bought a EM8615 alarm system. Although I run into some issues while configuring it with the Android app (multiple app crashes, app unable to find the equipment ID, etc) I finally managed to get it up and running. However, I still have an issue that I can't figure out how to solve: every time I try to set the arm, disarm or home modes, or synchronize settings, via SMS the Android app crashes, and it does so at the precise moment you press the SMS option in the app. Configuration works fine via wifi though. If I try to update any configuration data in the right most configuration screen (phone numbers, set delay times, etc) and I chose the SMS option, the app goes into a "Please wait" mode for a few seconds and fails to actually update the configuration. The app does not crash, at least. Configuration works just fine via wifi.

My smartphone runs android oreo, version 8.0.0

Any help?

Help, Alberto Arias
aariasn

Re: EM8615 control via SMS

Postby Joyce » 15 Feb 2018, 11:56

Hello Alberto,

We will check it out and if we can reproduce the problem we will do our best to solve it as soon as possible.
If we are able to solve it for Android 8 this will for sure take time. We will update you as quickly as possible.
Thank you for your feedback.
Joyce
Forum Goddess

Postby aariasn » 15 Feb 2018, 21:44

Hi Joyce,

Thank you for your prompt reply. Since your are going to be looking into the issue please note that I also have a smartphone running Android 8.1.0 (February 5th security patch level) and this one seems able to do the SMS arm/disarm settings etc just fine. However, the smartphone that I was mentioning in my first message, the one running Android 8.0.0 (January 1st security patch level) keeps crashing whenever I try to do the arm/disarm just as explained before. Of course I can always arm/disarm etc from a SMS app sending the 0, 1, 2, 00 etc codes but what's the point of an app if it does not work properly?

Finally, in case it helps the smartphone running 8.1.0 is a Nexus 6p while the one on 8.0.0 is a Xiaomi MI A1 (the one I carry with me regularly)

I hope Eminent will be able to fix this issue soon, as it might be affecting other people also.

Regards,

Alberto
aariasn

Postby Joyce » 16 Feb 2018, 10:15

Hi Alberto,

I agree that the APP should also work properly on Android 8.
We are aware of the same issue for our older EM8610 alarm system and have already fixed it so it can run on Oreo 8.
We will do our best to also make a fix for the EM8615, but it is another system and app so i cannot yet confirm if and when it will be solved.
Thank you for your provided info about versions and smartphone brand.
Joyce
Forum Goddess

Return to EM8615